Yesterday I posted my sandwich roundup. What goes perfectly with sandwiches? Soup!
I can’t believe it but I have almost 40 soup recipes on the blog. It makes sense. Soup is a great one pot meal. It’s great any time of year. It’s great for company. And, it’s great left over.
1. Lentil Soup. Super nutritious and a year round favorite. Add noodles and spinach for an extra something special!
2. Broccoli Corn Chowder. A big pot goes a long way. I make this all winter with frozen corn and it is the best comfort food in the world.
3. Carrot Soup. Loved by my husband and son, it is in the rotation all year. It is so easy to make I can whip it up and serve it in under half an hour!
4. Curried Coconut Red Lentil Soup. A staple in my house and a great way to cook with red lentils. I add pasta for my son and he cleans his bowl fast!
5. Chickpeas are a great addition to soup. Here are my three of my favorites and I especially love the play on words! I make both New England and Manhattan chowder. I spent a lot of time in Boston but I am a native New Yorker. I don’t want to have to choose!
Chickpea Noodle Soup
New England Chickpea Chowder
Manhattan Chickpea Chowder
6. Corn is my number one favorite food group especially in the summer. Here are two recipes for corn chowder. Sweet Summer Corn Chowder and an oil free version Corn Chowder v2.
7. Cold summer soup in the form of gazpacho is the best excuse to buy perfectly ripe tomatoes and beautiful cucumbers at the farmer’s market! I have two recipes for gazpacho. My original Gazpacho and my spicier and oil free Gazpacho v2.
8. Vegan Penicillin is my winter immune boosting and feel better soup.
9. Stew. Not an official soup, but my version of one of my mother’s staple dishes. Loved it growing up, love it now.
10. Chili. Also, not an official soup, but what other food group does it belong in? This is hearty, bean-y, lentil-y, and really delicious.