The appetizers are the best part of any party. I have rounded up double the usual amount of recipes for a roundup but it is really important to have great food at a party. Check these out and party on!
1. Deviled Potatoes. Clever and delicious.
2. Beluga Lentil Caviar. Outdid myself on this one. Huge hit. How to make the creme fraiche: 1/2 cup raw cashews, 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, pinch salt, a few tablespoons of water at a time until the consistency is smooooooth.
3. Hummus. Always a big hit. Lots of variations including roasted garlic, garlic scape, green pea, and oil free.
4. Chopped Lentils. It’s walnut lentil pâté. Another family favorite, veganized, and way better than the original.
5. Guacamole & Chips. Everyone loves my guacamole. It’s just 5 ingredients: avocados, onions, cilantro, lime and salt.
6. Flautas con Papas. AKA taquitos. OMG. Yum!
7. Tomatillos Salsa. Authentically delicious.
8. Scallion Pancakes. I love these and they are so much fun to make!
9. Cabbage Salad in Wonton Cups. This is really all about the wonton cup. Lots of things would be tasty inside.
10. Steamed Dumplings. So much easier to make than I would have thought. Stuff with tofu, tempeh or just vegetables and steam.
11. Egg Rolls & Homemade Duck Sauce. Really? Oh, yes!
12. Potstickers. Or dumplings. Depends on where you grew up.
13. Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Impressive, yes?
14. Roasted Squash & Eggplant Napoleons with Artichoke Pine Nut Pâté. So cute and so good!
15. Squash Rollatini. Or zucchini. Or Eggplant.
16. Cornmeal Crusted Pan-Fried Zucchini. It’s all about the crust on this one.
17. Palm Cakes with Caper Remoulade. An adaptation of a recipe from a vegan restaurant in Florida. These are an impressive little appetizer that will have anyone (vegan or not) loving them.
18. Frito Misto. Another recipe from a restaurant in Florida that’s out in the ether. Lucky for us!
19. Fried Tofu Sticks & Homemade Tartar Sauce. You just have to love these! As I have learned throughout this vegan cooking project, it is all about the flavors!
20. Zucchini Pancakes. The key to these pancakes: chickpea flour.