OMG Super Fudgy Brownies. Need I say more?? Ok, well here is more. The base recipe is pretty perfect but you can really zhuzh them up by adding all kinds of ingredients.
Get creative, but here are a few ideas: nuts like pecans or walnuts, white or chocolate chips, crushed up Oreos (accidentally vegan!) or pretzels or a holiday flavor like pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
Go for it! You are going to love them!
Super Fudgy Brownies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To make the flax egg, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water in a small mixing bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 8 x 8-inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a big mixing bowl. Mix together well.
In a separate medium mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the flax egg and mix again.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter comes together.It will be very thick. Turn the batter out into the brownie pan and press it to the edges; even it out, using the back of a spoon or a glass.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. They will come out of the oven puffed up. They will deflate. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the dry ingredients before combining with the wet ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or vegan white chocolate chips to the dry ingredients before combining with the wet ingredients.
- Crush 6 Oreos or Newman's Own and sprinkle over the top of the brownies. Or get mini ones and keep them whole. Press in slightly right before baking.
- Crush 1/2 cup pretzels and sprinkle over the top of the brownies, press in slightly right before baking.
- Add a few teaspoons or however much you like of pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon and/or a pinch of cayenne pepper.