I love this salad! Black beans, quinoa, corn, red onions, cucumbers, radishes, toasted pumpkin seeds, and fresh lime juice. That’s the recipe. It’s so easy, make it for lunch or a big bowl for company!
This is such a light and wonderful summer salad, packed with protein from the beans and quinoa. If you have fresh corn on hand, cut it right off the cobs, and use it in the salad raw. If you don’t have red onions or don’t like the bite of them, go ahead and use scallions. Also, you can leave out the olive oil, if you are oil free! So versatile, so easy. Enjoy!
Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
A delicious, light, protein packed salad!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans (if canned, drained)
- 1 cup corn (fresh off the cob, defrosted, or canned)
- 2 mini cucumbers (thinly sliced on a mandoline)
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced on a mandoline)
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Salt, a few pinches, to taste
Mix everything together. Taste and adjust lime juice and salt. Enjoy!