This is one of those things that I made up based on what I had in the refrigerator one day and now it is an absolute favorite around here. Baked sweet potatoes transform into smoky, cheesy flavored goodness that everyone is sure to love!
These quesadillas are very versatile. I have made them on both flour and corn tortillas and I have baked and heated them through on the stovetop. Do whatever works for you. Either way, it’s all about the flavor, so get cooking!
- Roasted red pepper cashew cream is made by adding a roasted red pepper to basic cashew cream. Get the recipe here.
- Make your own chipotles in adobo. Get the recipe here.
- Make your own guacamole. Get the recipe here.
Triple Decker Smoky Sweet Potato Quesadilla
An easy and flavorful dish that comes together in no time. Enjoy it on a weeknight or as a quick snack anytime.
Smoky Sweet Potato Filling
- 1 baked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (nooch)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Oil, for brushing
- Sazon, for sprinkling
- Scallions, for garnish
- Guacamole, for dipping
Peel and mash the baked sweet potato. Add the roasted red pepper cashew cream, nooch, chipotles in adobo, and lime juice. Mix together well.
Whether you are using flour or corn tortillas, slather a tortilla with some filling. Top with another tortilla. Spread more filling on that tortilla and top with another one.
Brush the top with a little oil and a generous sprinkle of Sazon. Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or cook on the stove top on a cast iron pan. If cooking on the stovetop, flip halfway through.
Enjoy hot with fresh guacamole, scallions, and lime.