Red Lentil Spinach Sazon Soup
This is a flavorful red lentil soup packed with protein and greens.
Servings 4 bowls
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 rib celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetable broth powder (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon Sazon seasoning
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups filtered water (add more if the soup seems too thick)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
Dice the onion, slice the carrot into rounds, cut the celery into a similar size as the carrot, and press the garlic. Water or oil sauté until the vegetables become fragrant.
Add the tomato paste, dried vegetable broth powder, if using, and Sazon seasoning and toss to coat.
Add the red lentils and water and cook until the lentils are soft and edible.
Add the spinach and let it wilt. Serve with slices of lemon and an extra shake of Sazon for extra prettiness. Enjoy!