What a great month of food it has been! I have been blogging for 3 1/2 years and it has been great scrolling through old recipes…some I even forgot about and will certainly go into the rotation, ASAP. I was even highlighted on the Vegan MoFo roundup last Thursday. What an honor!
So here it is…the final roundup of Vegan MoFo 2014. These are my greatest hits…the recipes that get the most play in my kitchen. They are easy, go-to recipes that have become our family comfort food. Enjoy!
1. Enchiladas. This dish is all about the sauce. I like to make a big pot and freeze it in batches so I always have it on hand. The filling can be tempeh or black beans. Whatever is inside, it is delicious every time!
2. Guacamole. This is my signature 5 ingredient guacamole: avocado, onions, cilantro, lime and salt.
3. Mexican Mash Up. Sweet potatoes, corn, red peppers, lime juice. With or without black beans!
4. Hummus. To me, there is nothing better than hummus and mashed avocado together. On toast, on a bagel or on a salad.
5. Curried Coconut Red Lentil Soup. I always have the ingredients on hand. It is filling and delicious.
6. Vegetable Coconut Curry. My version of curry in a hurry! The green peas are the protein in this wildly easy and flavorful dish.
7. Tempeh Dinner. I make some variation of tempeh with a vegetable and a starch at lease once a week. Pictured: Tempeh, Broccoli & Yellow Rice Pilaf. See tempeh roundup.
8. Tofu Dinner. Ditto to what I said in #4 but tofu. Pictured: Grilled Tofu with Squash and Summer Corn. See tofu roundup.
9. Chickpeas. Two ways. It is all about the flavors.
10. Meatless Meatballs. What more can I say? A childhood favorite veganized. Freeze extras for easy weeknight meals.
11. Habanero Hot Mac ‘n Cheese. This is the best cheese sauce I have made to date. With the hot peppers (jalapeños work great too) or without.
12. Polenta Pizza. I love to top a polenta pizza crust with my homemade sauce and favorites like spinach, mushrooms, artichokes.
13. Cauliflower Steaks. Just the funnest idea for “steak!”
14. Paella. Another great flavor combo!
15. Macadamia Nut Cheese. Just wonderful!
16. Corn Fritters. Because I love them.
17. Spinach Pie. I have started to add artichokes and lots of lemon juice and wow!
18. Oatmeal. My husband’s favorite.
19. Applesauce. This batch came out bright pink but it varies from this pink to that typical applesauce color.
20. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. My most perfect cookie.
2 thoughts on “Lisa’s Greatest Hits: Rounding up My All Time Favorite Recipes”
Delicious roundup! Your theme this MoFo has provided me with lots of recipe inspiration; there’s so much I want to try! 🙂
So many delicious recipes on your list, it definitely made me hungry.