I love tempeh. It’s another vegan “protein” and, like tofu, it works great on Blue Plate Specials.
I buy Barry’s Grown in Brooklyn Homemade Tempeh. If you can find someone local who makes tempeh, buy it. But if you need a good brand from the store, buy Soy Boy. It is organic and non-GMO and out of the store bought brands, it was our favorite one.
2. Tempeh Lemon Broil. Love the name. Love the flavors.
3. Cornmeal Crusted Tempeh. Crunchy and delicious.
4. Tempeh Bowl. This marinade is made with tahini, tamari miso and garlic.
5. Braised Tempeh. Love this one!
6. Breaded Tempeh. Cutlets or sticks.
7. Cajun Tempeh. It’s all about the flavors.
8. Tempeh Souvlaki. Again, all about the flavors. Can’t get enough of this one.
10. Chili Lime Tempeh. Check out the Mexican rice and avocado salad.
11. Maple Glazed Tempeh. Basic marinade: tamari, maple syrup, and sunflower oil.
12. Basic Marinated Tempeh. My original marinade: tamari and maple syrup.
13. Tempeh Fajitas. A favorite around here!
14. Tempeh Bacon. Save the best for last!