Tofu is a great vegan “protein” and is very versatile. It takes on the flavor of a marinade almost immediately and can be grilled, baked, breaded, or pan fried. I serve it on what I call a “Blue Plate Special” because it is an old restaurant name for the daily special that had a protein with vegetables on the side.
Many of these recipes are similar but that is kind of the point. Easy ingredients pack a lot of flavor. Plus, check out the side dishes because they are just as important as the tofu!
1. Grilled Tofu.
Grilled Tofu with Millet Pilaf & Roasted Carrots
Grilled Tofu with Summer Corn & Grilled Zucchini
Grilled Tofu with Piri Piri Sauce
Lime Grilled Tofu Over Sweet Potato Corn Mash
Lime Grilled with Warm Corn & Peach Salsa
Lemon Parsley Grilled Tofu Over Classic Succotash
2. Crusted Tofu.
Cornmeal Crusted Tofu with Gravy
Cornmeal Crusted Tofu with Mixed Mash Potatoes
3. Pan Seared Tofu.
Pan Seared Tofu with Cherry Shallot Confit
Pan Seared Tofu with Chimichurri Sauce
4. Crispy Tofu.
Crispy Tofu with Broccoli & Pineapple in Spicy Brown Sauce
Crispy Tofu & Spicy Green Beans with Tamari Black Rice & Quinoa
Crispy Tofu with Red Peppers & Pineapples
Crispy Fried Tofu & Mac ‘n Cheese
5. Baked Tofu.
6 .Tofu Scampi. One of my favorite ways to use tofu to veganize a classic. This dish is all about the sauce.
7. Tamari Marinated Tofu. This tofu shows up in what I call Friday Night Bites. It’s an easy way to use whatever is leftover at the end of the week with an easy marinated tofu.
8. Orange Balsamic Glazed Tofu. Yum.
9. Tofu & Cashews in Brown Sauce. Asian inspired.
10. Tofu Paprikash. When Harry Met Sally!
11. Breakfast Tofu. Outstanding flavor combo.
12. Tofu Scramble. My basic scramble can be made with or without oil. Make it Mexican or with pesto!
2 thoughts on “Tofu Roundup”
Woah, so much tofu! I’ll have to give some of these recipes a try! 🙂
Wow, what a great roundup! So much tofu! I’ve actually never grilled tofu before and now I want to try it!