Tofu is a great vegan “protein” and is very versatile. It takes on the flavor of a marinade almost immediately and can be grilled, baked, breaded, or pan fried. I serve it on what I call a “Blue Plate Special” because it is an old restaurant name for the daily special that had a protein with vegetables on the side.
Many of these recipes are similar but that is kind of the point. Easy ingredients pack a lot of flavor. Plus, check out the side dishes because they are just as important as the tofu!
1. Grilled Tofu.
2. Crusted Tofu.
3. Pan Seared Tofu.
4. Crispy Tofu.
5. Baked Tofu.
6 .Tofu Scampi. One of my favorite ways to use tofu to veganize a classic. This dish is all about the sauce.
7. Tamari Marinated Tofu. This tofu shows up in what I call Friday Night Bites. It’s an easy way to use whatever is leftover at the end of the week with an easy marinated tofu.
8. Orange Balsamic Glazed Tofu. Yum.
9. Tofu & Cashews in Brown Sauce. Asian inspired.
10. Tofu Paprikash. When Harry Met Sally!
11. Breakfast Tofu. Outstanding flavor combo.