Pesto can be any combination of herbs and nuts. I am sure that is heresy to some people, but I like to be creative. Spread pesto on toast, mix it into a tofu scramble, toss it with pasta or spread it on pizza. Freeze whatever you have leftover for pesto all year round!
1. Basic Pesto. Nothing like fresh basil from the garden.
2. Ligurian Pasta. Pesto with pasta and potatoes. What is there not to love?
3. Basil Mint Pesto. A dollop on soup goes a long way to add superb flavor.
5. Garlicky Almond Basil Pesto. Another Valentine’s Day dish.
6. Garlic Scape Pesto. Keep an eye out for garlic scapes in the springtime and then hoard it!
7. Broccoli Walnut Pesto. A creative, kid friendly pesto.
8. Roasted Red Pepper Pesto. Not traditional at all. Totally delicious.
9. Spinach Pistachio Nut Pesto. The shaved macadamia nut on top is such a great addition.
10. Green Pea Pesto. Why not?
11. Pine Nut Kale Pesto. Kale in pesto. A great way to get around the bitterness.